As I write this, I’m torn between feeling entitled to a bit of cake and getting on with the next project. I’ve just pushed the button on This Plague of Days, Season Two. It’s not up on Amazon quite yet, but it’ll probably publish officially by midnight. (They say 24 to 48 hours, but it’s usually faster. If you’re a reader from outside North America, it might take a little longer for the digital flying squirrels to get it to you.)
So, what’s next?
1. Wait for reviews. Bite nails.
2. Start up one or two more websites and update existing websites.
3. Start a new, unrelated business. (Long story.)
4. Send out a newsletter once the release is officially available. (Sign up for updates at http://www.AllThatChazz.com.)
5. Record a new podcast of All That Chazz.
6. Let my next guest on the Cool People Podcast I haven’t forgotten about them.
7. Organize getting print covers going for Murders Among Dead Trees, This Plague of Days S1 and S2, revamping Self-help for Stoners and reformatting Write Your Book: Aspire to Inspire and Higher Than Jesus so they’re both 6″ x 9″.
8. Locate a local printer. Shipping and customs costs are killing me.
9. Locate a t-shirt place that can deliver at a reasonable price.
10. Prepare for new business launch Nov. 1.
11. Contact book review sites.
12. Write Season 3 of This Plague of Days by spring (and two or three other books by the end of next year.)
13. Wait for reviews. Bite nails.
14. Make another kale shake.
15. Reread some Neil Gaiman.
I’ll start with the kale shake and Gaiman. It seems the most doable thing just now.
- This Plague of Days, Season 2: Expect more action (thisplagueofdays.com)
- The Writing Life: Big Changes and New Ventures (allthatchazz.com)
- Season Two of This Plague of Days is coming. Here’s what’s next. (allthatchazz.com)
- Things get paranormal. Or do they? Sentient trees and This Plague of Days (thisplagueofdays.com)