This horror serial is about an autistic boy trapped in The Stand and trying to survive 28 Days Later. I’ll have a cover blurb from horror author Armand Rosamilia.
In a future that could begin any day now, a virus of mysterious origin begins its lethal outbreak. The first wave kills millions. The second wave is a weaponized mutation that ups the stakes by turning ordinary survivors into cannibals. This is the zombie apocalypse you can believe in.
The brain of the story is a villain like you’ve never encountered: the visibly pregnant British woman in a red dress. She is an eco-terrorist who calls herself Shiva. She’s out to make history and a new future by a massive cull of Earth’s worst infection. You’re the infection: Your car, your technology and your conspicuous consumption. Don’t take it personally. To defend the Earth, genocide is Shiva’s answer to global warming. Killing Queen Elizabeth and her Corgis is just the delightful start.
The heart of the story is Jaimie Spencer, a sixteen-year-old American boy on the autism spectrum. He’s a selective mute with an obsession for English dictionaries. His special interest is Latin phrases, but it’s Jaimie’s hidden gifts that become the surprising key to his family’s survival. To live, they must face the ravages of the Sutr virus, looters, plague profiteers and cults. Worse? This Plague of Days zombies are fast.
Who is This Plague of Days for?
Horror fans and anyone with a pulse who wants theirs to beat faster. Young men and women embracing existential angst will get hit between the eyes. The autistic community and their families will love it.
From the beta read team, the women love Jaimie and the relationships of the family under siege. The men can’t get enough of Shiva since she’s deliciously wicked in her ruthlessness with men’s hearts and minds.
This book also has a lot of fun with language. There are more Latin phrases than Harry Potter had spells, so this one is also for the word nerds.
It’s time we hit the world with an oddly cerebral zombie apocalypse.
I want to be especially generous with Season 1 to get every horror fan on my crazy train.
Season 1/Book 1: The Siege 105,000 words, 5 episodes
Season 2/Book 1: The Journey 75,000 words, 5 episodes
Season 3/Book 3 War 75,000 words, 5 episodes
- This Plague of Days will appeal to word nerds and horror fans, too (thisplagueofdays.com)
- Writers, Writing and When to Swear (chazzwrites.com)
- From the revision well: Chapter 2 of This Plague of Days (thisplagueofdays.com)
- Exclusive Interview With Plague Nation Author Dana Fredsti (nerdlikeyou.com)
- NSFW: Quotes from today’s revisions of This Plague of Days (thisplagueofdays.com)
- Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse in Pittsburgh (local.answers.com)
- Is A Cyber Zombie Apocalypse Possible? OnlineVirusRepair.com Reports Latest Computer Attack Affecting Millions of Internet Users Worldwide (prweb.com)