I’m getting some nice feedback on the advanced reading copies of This Plague of Days. Expect lots of cliffhangers to keep the pages turning.
Jaimie awoke to yelling downstairs. The lamp on the nightstand still shone and the Latin dictionary lay open by his head. The last phrase he had read was an interesting one: ubi solitudenum faciunt pacem appellant. They create desolation and call it peace. To the boy, the words tasted soft and were as pleasing to his eye as they were black and dangerous.
Jaimie looked up the word quarantine. He thought the word beautiful. The q tasted sugary and uaran struck Jaimie as the essence of a firm avocado. Best of all, the word ended with –tine, the sound of a little silver bell.
Yes, this serial has some odd angles for a zombie apocalypse. Buckle up!
- Word of the Day for Wednesday, May 15, 2013 (svezaengleski.wordpress.com)
- From the revision well: Chapter 2 of This Plague of Days (thisplagueofdays.com)
- NSFW: Quotes from today’s revisions of This Plague of Days (thisplagueofdays.com)
- Word of the Day for Sunday, May 12, 2013 (svezaengleski.wordpress.com)
- What Is a Bibliophile, Anyway? (alexathereader.wordpress.com)
- A lighter quote from This Plague of Days (thisplagueofdays.com)
- NSFW Horror: A grisly excerpt from This Plague of Days (thisplagueofdays.com)
- Writers, Writing and When to Swear (chazzwrites.com)
- Word Nerd: Poetry Month (vonildawrites.wordpress.com)
- Nerd is Teh Word (idontliketogoutside.wordpress.com)
June 3rd, 2013 at 10:43 am
[…] This Plague of Days will appeal to word nerds and horror fans, too (thisplagueofdays.com) […]