When I consulted one of my survival experts about the end of the world as we know it, he shocked me a bit. We were at my dining room table with a map spread out in front of us. We were tracking the Spencer family’s escape from the Midwest east in my serial, This Plague of Days. John Badger (survival guy, geography and hiking expert) put his palm on the map, covering a good swath of the west coast of the United States.
“And, of course, under the circumstances, all these people are dead,” John said.
“No water. When you wipe away the infrastructure, there’s no water there. Vegas? Gone. L.A.? Dead.”
“Yeah, it’s very vulnerable and, with the conditions you describe, they’re toast or trying to migrate out of trouble in a pretty short time.”
As the Spencers head for a farm in Maine they hope will be safe, they hear a lot of rumours about what’s happening across the world. First came the Sutr-X world flu pandemic. Then Sutr-Z laid waste to Europe and Asia. In Season 2 of This Plague of Days, the crap hits the ceiling fan in America and Canada.
I just wanted you to know, we put some serious thought into it. Some rumors you can believe. Others will conflict and first reports are always wrong. I hope you join the adventure while it’s still a vicarious thrill instead of a handbook to the apocalypse.
Have a nice day.
- This Plague of Days, Season 2: Expect more action (thisplagueofdays.com)
- This Plague of Days: Free Ebooks, Prizes and The Waking Terrors (thisplagueofdays.com)
- Dystopian Braingasm: For word nerds and horror readers who love autistic heroes (chazzwrites.com)
- Horror’s Exploration: A gentle invitation to my Plague of Days (allthatchazz.com)
- This Plague of Days: The Mackinac Bridge Massacre (thisplagueofdays.com)
- End Of Days: Plague Of Crickets Hits Oklahoma Causing Air To Smell Like Rotting Flesh (bossip.com)
- Why Zombies? For the brains. (thisplagueofdays.com)
- 20,000 Gallons Of Water Stolen From Elementary School In Drought-Plagued California County (syndicatednewsservices.com)
- Maine lobsters plagued by shell-eating bacteria (nbcnews.com)
- Teenager Dies Of Bubonic Plague After Eating Infected Barbecued Meat (businessinsider.com)