Latest excerpt from revisions of Season 2:
Mrs. Bendham called from the back of the van. “The man who warned you the epidemic was coming — ”
“Uncle Cliff, Dad’s twin brother,” Anna said.
Jack glanced in her rear-view mirror. “Cliff told us to get ready when people were still laughing at those of us who took the pandemic seriously.”
“That’s nice. Though what kind of preparation can you do against the Sutr Virus except take your vitamins, live in an aquarium and hope for the best?” asked Mrs. Bendham.
“We were better off for longer because of my brother-in-law,” Jack answered.
“Until everything was taken away.” Anna said. Jack heard something new in her daughter’s voice. That wasn’t self-pity. Anna hated the old lady.
Good, Jack thought. Self-pity drains energy. Anger pays it out.
Mrs. Bendham seemed oblivious to Anna’s anger. “Where is he now? Do you think he got out of the way of it all?”
“I hope he’s waiting for us in Maine.”
Want to hear excerpts from my crime novel, Higher Than Jesus?
Overdosing on Chazz? Learn to love me. Hear my interviews with cool people on the Cool People Podcast.
- This Plague of Days: A Secret Revealed (allthatchazz.com)
- Podcast: In the Line of Fire (allthatchazz.com)
- Podcast: A Kiss Before Dying (allthatchazz.com)
- The One That Gets Sexy (allthatchazz.com)
- #Video: This is the End movie review (allthatchazz.com)
- Armor of God (allthatchazz.com)
- This Plague of Days: This is creepy and whimsical (allthatchazz.com)
- Three Dreams (allthatchazz.com)
- How to Survive Almost Anything (absolute-adventure.com)