Warning: This post has spoilers. If you haven’t read Seasons One and Two of This Plague of Days, DON’T READ THIS!
Okay? Are they out of the room so we can talk? Okay. I hope they aren’t just pretending to be asleep or listening at the top of the stairs, because here are my top ten:
1. When Jaimie hands Theo the knife.
2. The sweetness of Jack and the cookie tin full of love letters.
4. The scene in Iceland where Cameron fights his way through the Sutr-Z infected to try for the rescue boat.
5. The zombie attack on Buckingham Palace while Shiva dances to “We Want Your Soul” (plus the corgi joke.)
6. Douglas Oliver’s battle in the basement.
7. Jaimie meeting with Sinjin-Smythe in the Nexus, among the Shakespearean trees.
8. The Battle of the Brickyard and the hospital attack (a tie for bloody and epic).
9. Dayo shaming Dr. Sinjin-Smythe on the rescue helicopter out of Dungarvan, Ireland.
10. Anna’s shift from being a bratty princess to a mature young woman who sacrifices her love of her boyfriend for her family.
There are many other moments I love, of course. I’m biased, for some reason. Probably because I wrote it. Yeah, that’s probably it. However, these are the first ten scenes that come to mind when I look back on the first two seasons.
What about you?
Care to share your favorite moments? (FYI: Season 3 is still being written and revised, so what you loved from the past might get a callback in the story ahead.)